Today I taught Zander's Joy School Group at my house and during free-play-time there was some serious work going on. While in kitchen making Zander's lunch (yes for Joy School, I rarely get it made before Joy School when I teach, that's what free-play-time is for) I was tuning out all the general chatter coming from the play-room, except of course, for the occasional yelp of pain or plea for help. Then somehow the chatter wormed it's way through my zoning-out and mid-peanut-butter-spread I hear clear as a bell, "This house is going to be done in a couple minutes here, Tiernan."
Curious, I listen for a minute and basically what I hear are the sounds of a construction zone in my living room. Play sawing, hammering, painting, and drilling are going on in all corners of the room. My filing cabinet is getting a coat of black paint with a hand broom (pretend of course) and fake wood and real left-over trim wood is getting scotch taped to the cabinet. The side table has been moved to the middle of the rug and with some hand-weights stacked on top it is now the fireplace.
Meanwhile the book shelf is being cut down to the appropriate size with a Skill-Saw (pretend of course). What size would that be, you ask? Well, the perfect size for Tiernan's new house. That's right, forget playing house, these 5 pre-schoolers are building the house. For Tiernan. Apparently his crib was too small and cramping his style.

























4 comments:
As I was reading I kept thinking, oh I hope they are pretending, so thanks for the clarification!! Boys will be boys! I love it, I think it is so creative. Where was Asher in all this? How is the joy school thing going this year?
Ha ha...I love the creativity. Kids think of such great ideas!
I kept thinking that Zander sure looks like John! Yeah, how did Asher manage to miss all of it? Poor guy? Good think Tiernan has a new house!
At first I thought they were really "painting the house." Then you said pretend of course and gave a sight of relief! Ha ha. I love the new colors of the blog. It looks absolutely amazing!!
Post a Comment