Sometimes I wonder what it is about riding in the car that has such a profound effect on conversation. From my experience I have found that either one of two things happen: either A. the ability to talk at all magically disappears or B. the words literally spill out like a bubbling little brook, often running into and over each other in their haste to reach the sea. Well, among my children, the latter is most often the case. Often Zander and Asher will talk right over each other in the race to be heard with Tiernan bringing up the rear, fiercely babbling to keep up. On one such ride in the car it went like this:.
- Zander: Dad, what do you want to be when you grow up?
- Trachelle: (chuckling and answering for John because he was driving) Dad is a Logistician.
- Zander: A what?
- Trachelle: A Logistician.
- Zander: Why? What is that?
- Zander: Oh I know why, because he knows secret passwords and he unlocks things. I want to be one of those too. Just like Dad.


























3 comments:
So that is what you got out of school! Secret passwords and keys to unlock things! Can I get that degree too so Andrew thinks I am cool?! Just kidding.
I always knew John had some other powers that I was always searching for! But secret passwords and keys to unlock things, wow! Super hero for sure!!! Or you could just count light bulbs...HA HA HA
Y'know i really wish i was there for those really talkative car rides. They have got to be the most entertaining things to listen to. And i never thought of John as the key holder and knowledge of all secret passwords but i have now been enlightened by Zander.
Post a Comment