Friday, July 9, 2010
goose lake and sushi
ohhh how i love me a good beach. ocean or lake, doesn't matter. rocky or sandy, warm or cold. i love all the places the earth meets the water. this summer i determined that every day the sun shone brightly we would forget our work and head to goose lake. unfortunately i can count on one hand the number of times that has happened, but each time is still glorious.
this time we were joined by auntie becky, gramnea, andrew, ashley, and friends from my ward(gotta love a mass text sent out to invite my girls and their kiddos). we snacked on yia yia's fruit roll-ups, kettle chips, veggies and homemade ranch, and sandwiches. a big glass mason jar of ice and water helped us stay cool. the sun was strong enough to melt the chocolate chips in our trail mix.
my cheeks got pink and i loved every sun-soaked minute. zander caught numerous minnows in the shallows. asher, tiernan, and andrew built numerous sand highways for their cars and trucks to cruise on. i am hoping for a few more days on the beach this summer. it adds a bit of magic to our days.
later that night we got a sitter for our boys and went out with derick, becky, emily, adam(derick's friend), and derick's brother. we took em to dish, our fave sushi place(super sushi, great service, and fun modern decor for you locals).john's childhood friend clyde and his wife own the restaurant and they kindly treated our table to japanese fried ice cream. yum! we sure wish derick and becky lived closer so we could double date more often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
Love the pictures of the kids! They were in heaven! So I've heard you have had a bit of rain since we left.....like every day.....sad!
That date night was fun! Piling in the car and heading out with the family, I love it! I can't believe I ate sushi! Peer pressure... :)
wow, what a wonderful time! I love the pictures; what beautiful children and what a beautiful day! I've heard it's been a RAINY summer, so I'm glad the sun is out! Looks like a great day!
Post a Comment