Friday, September 24, 2010

a first time photo shoot










i like to take photos. am i a photographer? no. but i sort of felt like one for a few hours one saturday a couple weeks ago. a friend asked me to take some pictures of her lovely family(isn't she gorgeous? and her daughters were sooo cute. the blue eyes, oh my!). it was fun, and kinda hard too. i have a whole new appreciation for the art and the artists. i had never taken pictures for someone else and i was so worried i wouldn't get any good shots. when i got home i immediately dumped my memory card to see what i got. i was disappointed, and started thinking that would be the last time i ever did that. then i let it rest for a few days. when i came back to it with fresh i eyes i was surprised at what i found. quite a few nice ones. yay! my friend would be able to send out christmas cards! in fact many of the shots i immediately dismissed the first time had quite a bit of potential the second time around. i got busy with photoshop(yes, lots of editing) and these are the ones that made the cut. who knows, maybe i'll try it again sometime.

7 comments:

Trey said...

UUHHHHH Totally fabulous! What a cute family! You did a great job. I would have never guessed it was your first photo shoot! So whenever you have another openning I would love to hire you to shoot my kiddles... let me know your schedule and going rate, if you have the time during this busy time of year! LOL Great job!

Brenda said...

Wow! They are beautiful pictures, Trachelle. Very creative. I think you have found another talent!

Brenda

Sarcie said...

Are you kidding me, You are amazing!!! I say start your business I love it!!! Those are so professional!! I want some Are you bringing your camera to Utah???? Seriously Trachelle, you have the eye and are a natural, I want that eye too!!!

Chantelle said...

You did a great job, Trachelle! And I love the treatments you gave the photos; there are some great color washes! Lovely job. You know some of my fave wedding pictures were the ones you took! You should definitely keep photographing!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

thank you all! wow, i am blushing. seriously. i so appreciate all of your kind encouragement. you are the best!

Andria Sommers said...

Those are some great family shots! What kind of camera do you use? I have been dreaming about getting a new camera, but I am still in the dreaming/research phase.

Andria Sommers said...

Wow those are some great family shots! What kind of camera do you use? I have been wanting to get a new camera, I am still in the dreaming/research phase. :)