Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Grandma Smith's Tuna Casserole



This is an easy to make creamy pasta dish, that I usually have all the ingredients for on hand. It is comfort food at it's best! My Grandma Smith raised 10 children on this recipe and my little boys love it, very kid-friendly. I usually use whole wheat pasta for extra fiber and nutrition.

  • Ingredients:

  • 2(6ounce)cans canned tuna, drained
  • 2(10 1/2ounce)cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
  • 4-5 cups macaroni, cooked and hot
  • 1 cup carrots, coarsely grated
  • 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups frozen peas
  • salt and pepper
  • crushed potato chips, for topping (optional)

    1. Combine all ingredients except potato chips in a large bowl in order written.
    2. Then put in a 9x13 baking dish and top with crushed potato chips if desired. (We like the topping).
    3. Bake at 375* for about 45 minutes.

    6 comments:

    CLAMES said...

    Hi Trachelle! I saw your name on Katie's link list and checked out your blog because I knew there could only be one Trachelle!
    How are you doing? I has been so long! I don't think I have seen you since my wedding.
    Your family is so cute. It looks like you are having loads of fun with three boys.
    By the way, I love the title of your blog- so fitting!
    -Lisa

    Melissa said...

    I should probably try that out. My husband loves casserols but I never make them. But this sounds good :)

    Chantelle said...

    Hey...fabulous! I make something very like this dish (although I don't know if it tastes the same) mostly with whatever we have! It is a very good and fast meal. But potato chips on top...interesting touch (i use breadcrumbs). Yum!

    Unknown said...

    This is my favorite cassarole!!!! I even had it for my birthday dinner one year.

    Unknown said...

    I showed joe your yummy pics and he wants me to make it, he loves casserols tooo. By the way I just realized that those are your feet in high heels, nice shot, very professional!!!

    Anonymous said...

    OMG lol I followed this recipe a few days ago.. it was my first time making a tuna casserole...
    I have to say it was AMAZINGGGG. I wanted to cry it tasted so good hahaha.
    10/10