Sunday, March 9, 2008

Modern Display For Wall-Hangings


  • For Christmas a couple years ago my mom made me these wall hangings, one for each holiday. Aren't they lovely? I thought so, but I wasn't sure how to display them. Then one night when I was supposed to be sleeping but couldn't because the ideas were springing up faster than wheat grass, it hit me! A large shadow box.



  • Shadow boxes come in many sizes and finishes, so you can choose one that matches your decor. I found a 16x20 inch black shadow box with a hinged door and a cork-board type lining covered with white fabric at Michaels. The cork-board lining allows you to pin up your wall-hanging with straight pins and this combined with a hinged door make changing it out super easy.








  • My wall hangings came with loops for hanging on a wooden dowel, so I just folded those behind it. Then you open the door and lay it flat. Push straight pins through the wall-hanging into the cork-board lining at all four corners and 2 or 3 along the top edge.







  • Ta-daa! Here it is: easy, simple, and stylish. It's a great way to incorporate a country-style piece into a more modern home decor.


















You could also use this type of shadow box to display a rotating collection of your children's artwork or your own seasonal crafts. The possibilities are endless.

9 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

I want to putthe kids blessing outfits in a frame or something, do you think these boxes would work??

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Yes, in fact, it would probably be the easiest way to do it. Just get a shadow box with a hinged door and a lining that you can pin the clothes to. Good idea Beck! I might have to steal it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

well martha stewert!!!I'm am extremly impressed with you lately......your ideas... your blog.... who are you?? haha j/k I think your idea is brillant.I 'm going to start keeping my eye out for something like that - Your aweseome!!!! love ya

Darlene said...

What a GREAT idea....really cute!!

Sheila said...

That looks great!! what a fabulous idea!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

What a clever display! I love that you can change it out with the season (or mood). :)

Anonymous said...

Really a beautiful display..! This would be perfect for Halloween decor.

Breathing In Grace said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog...come back often!!!
I love the shadowbox idea...and your Mom did such a wonderful job on the little "mini quilts"...some day I hope to get into quilting!!!

Emily said...

Love the name of your blog. That describes my life right now.