Friday, April 11, 2008

Out To Dinner, European Style


My sister Taralee flew up to visit for the weekend and we decided to have a girls night out. So we headed to Southside Bistro, one of our faves. While we perused the menu I told Taralee I thought it would be fun to eat dessert first. Taralee is nothing if not adventurous and loved the idea. When our server came to take our orders we asked for the dessert menu explaining that we wanted to order dessert first. To which our server promptly replied,"Oh European style, I love it! How fun!" Neither Taralee or I are sure if it really is a European custom, but it sure is fun. I highly recommend it and I intend to adopt this wonderful, maybe European, custom for all future dinners out. Besides, raspberry peach cobbler with ice cream and homemade caramel sauce is a much better starter than Caesar salad anyway. *grinning*

5 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

I love that! Me and Carly did that once on a girls night out. I guess you do it then because there is no way you would do that when you have your kids with you! Am I right?!

Anonymous said...

I must say Trachelle ,you were looking dashing that night!!!!The hair.. the outfit ..need I say more!! When I get another weekend off.... which better be soon because I think Taco King is defenitly calling my name next, I'm flying up there!! And We'll be ordering fried ice cream first!!!! Now I just need to to convince Nate that this is the coool thing to do !!!

Chantelle said...

I agree with Taralee--Trachelle, you look HOT! Totally love the bangs. You may consider me a copycat if I decide to adopt them (I've been considering it as of late). Taralee looks mighty fine as well. No big surprise--I already knew your family got a large helping of gorgeous! ( ; Glad to hear you girls got to hang out and have such a great time. You both deserve it.

Unknown said...

That is the ONLY way to dine at Southside Bistros! Man i miss that place! :)

Sarcie said...

Oh that dessert makes me salivate and that is hard to considereing I can't keep anything down!! I like that idea I wanna try it!!!!