Friday, March 28, 2008

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

Last night at the end of bath time Asher was not interested in leaving the warm bath water just to venture into the cold beyond the bathroom door to get dressed (no surprise there, I wouldn't want to either!). So I grabbed a towel and scooped him up in it baby-style. In an attempt to avoid a tantrum and distract him I said some silly things. Our conversation:

  • Trachelle: (in a silly monster voice, you know, the one all women learn when they become moms) Ha ha! I've got you! I'm the Mom Monster and I'm going to eat you up!
  • Asher: (giggling) Noooooo, Moommmy!
  • Trachelle: Oh yes, I'm going to eat you up. What do you think you'll taste like? Do you think you'll taste like pizza? Do you think you'll taste like pie? Or maybe ice-cream? What will Asher taste like?
  • Asher: (very seriously) Cereal.
I stopped dead in my tracks to his room and asked:
  • What was that? You'll taste like what?
  • Asher: (even more seriously) Cereal.
Well, there you have it, folks, straight from the source. My 2 year-old tastes like cereal.

4 comments:

Chantelle said...

You'd better not tell Olaf...he loves cereal. ( ;

Derick and Becky said...

Speaking of food, I had a dream about you last night! You had bought this new kitchen table to seat 9 and john was annoyed because you didn't have the space and you were just planning ahead for kids in the future (seven kids huh?!) Then you had prepared dinner. It was roasted avocadoes. You had hollowed out avocadoes like you blow out an egg and had stuffed them with mushrooms, avocado, cheese and tomato. You said you bake it then slice it and eat it. FUNNY cause I woke up and wanted avocado so bad!

Katie L said...

If I could taste like anything, I guess cereal wouldn't be so bad-hahaha!

Unknown said...

hahahaha I love Asher! I wish i could have been there to have witnessed his serious tone!!