
Guess what . . . John's home! We are so happy! These past six weeks have been very educational to say the least. I've really come to appreciate the little things. Some things I didn't know I had until I didn't have them:
- A never-tiring always-listening ear. Man, did I miss being able to turn to John and tell him about all the seemingly small unimportant parts of my day that really mean a lot to me. Like a cute new Asherism or how Zander spent twenty minutes making Tiernan giggle with glee.
- Not having to take out the garbage. And lots of other little chores around the house
that John does for me to show me love. Last night he did the dishes after dinner and I felt like I had gone to domesticated- bliss- heaven. It's very nice ladies, let me tell you. - Late-night channel flipping. I never thought I would miss this very male habit of watching two minutes of every single show on TV, but I must say after the 10 o'clock news I felt a little lost without it. I realized that it had really grown on me and though I tried to duplicate it, it just wasn't the same without John next to me.
- Never having to fill my car with gas or wash it. Because my sweet thoughtful husband always did it for me.
- A strong shoulder to catch my tears. There were a few times over the past 6 weeks when the tears just spilled over despite my best efforts to be strong and my pillow just didn't cut it as a comforter.
- The best darn hugs in the world. Three words: safe, secure, and loved. There's nothing better.

























7 comments:
YEA!!! But now I won't be able to talk to him as much! Oh well, at least he is where he is supposed to be. I think we talked more this past 6 weeks than we have over the past 6 years, it was perfect timing for me.
Ames you can still talk to him as much as you did, silly girl! ;-) I'm sure he'd be sad if you didn't.
I said it again when he and Andy came to pick Zander up but, I am so glad for you all that he is home.
Zander was cute at the party. Rob made the comment, "I think Ryan and Zander like Susanna." They were shoulder to shoulder on both sides. What great Alaskan buddies!!
Whoo-Hoo!!!! Hooray for the return of Hubby! I can honestly say, I have no idea how I would handle Michael being gone for almost 2 months! Oh, I bet your boys are just thrilled to death to have daddy back!! And no more taking the garbage out!!!!
Yea for husbands! They are the best, and you sure do appreciate all that they do after they have been gone. Steve just left today for 8 days.:( I am already missing him.
I dont always look as goofy as I did in that picture. But I was exited to be at Cabellas, and the elephant made it even more exiting. I am glad to be home I missed my family.
I'm so glad you're all together again! hooray! Hope you had a fun trip, John (although I know you missed your family)!
Post a Comment