Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All Hallow's Weekend


Our Halloween festivities were kicked off with carving the pumpkin.





In most households that means dusting off the kitchen knifes or pumpkin carving kit. In ours it means breaking out the power
tools . . .





The first couple years of our marriage I carved the pumpkin. Then I had Asher in September of 2005 and that Halloween I asked John to do it. He was willing but only if he could use his tools. I was too tired from midnight feedings to care and a tradition was born.




Then Asher had his Joy School Halloween Party complete with disappearing costume and adorable smiles. (he did look like Bob the Builder before he stripped off most of his costume)






All Hallow's Eve was full of mysterious magic and our three boys were magically transformed into Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3.




Giant Snicker's bars are Things' favorite food.




Our decked out trunk at Trunk or Treat.



Hope all your Halloween dreams came true last weekend!

14 comments:

Kathryn said...

Your 3 Things are so cute! I especially love the hair!

Chantelle said...

Ha ha, I love the pictures! you look great, Trachelle! Are you dressed as someone specific or just "dressed up?" Looks like you all had a great time!

Heidi Sue Photography said...

Great idea for the boys! I'm glad they still cooperate for coordinating their costumes; that's my Halloween nightmare - the day I can't manipulate Gunner into going along with the family Halloween cotume fan-fare.

Our Complete Family said...

Oh my gosh~ that is the most awesome idea for kiddos! I love your cutie patootie Things!!! Their hair is a riot! Your trunk was all decked out, too. I'm taking notes. I need to decorate our trunk next year for our churches 'trunk or treat'. Fun, fun! Happy day wishes~ Les

Kaerlig said...

I think using power tools is cool. Never though of it before. I too carved the pumpkins at first but soon found out that Dave was much more skilled than I.

Perry Family said...

Those are some really cute pics of the boys and you two...cute couple you make!!
Great idea, Mark will have to pull out his tools next year...makes it so much easier!!!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

@chantelle

I was mostly just "dressed up" but when someone would ask I would say I was my blond sister Shaelese. *wink*

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Thanks for all your kind words. It was probably the easiest set of costumes for my kids I've ever done. It was also the most fun and got the best reaction from friends and family. Sometimes less IS more eh?

Kristi said...

you are seriously stunning as a blonde...then again, what color doesn't look great on you. Your boys are hilarious

Kristi said...

how did you round the corners on your pics.. very nice effect.

Anonymous said...

AHHH I was thinking about you guys all day on halloween!!!The boys are soooo cute. I love the costumes and by the way you and I were twins on halloween. I wore a blonde wig just like that!!! You all looked very cute... ( and you look like you've lost even MORe weight!!! Trachelle,you are one hot mama and don't forget it.

Sarcie said...

oh my gosh i love your things' Idea, they look awesome!! Where did you get that idea. You look beautiful Trachelle, You are one hott mama!!

Porter Family said...

You look so good in that wig. Every time I put a halloween wig on David suggests I just wear the costume without one...hee hee. You look hot!

Katie The Lady said...

I love the tools needed for pumpkin carving-hahahaha! And I LOVE the 3 things! I wanted to do my boys as thing 1 and thing 2, but they just wanted to be batman and robin. I'm glad I got to see your kids dressed up as them-hahaha