Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Can Come . . . We Are Gettin' Ready



Some cute turkey's my mom quilted for me.



Pumpkins and a straw-stuffed friend to greet our friends at the door. (he's doubling as a screen for the unsightly but necessary humidifier behind him) You'd never know it, but that lovely black square bowl thing containing the pumpkins had a another life as a grill pan for grilling vegetables. I rescued it from collecting dust in one of my kitchen cupboards. I love finding new uses for old things, don't you?




I found these gorgeous brown metallic and white ceramic pumpkins for 60% off at JoAnne's.



This is Mr. and Mrs. Tom Turkey. They come to visit our home every year around this time. I filled some glass hurricane jars with faux pumpkins and gourds. I'm working on another idea that I hope to show you soon.

Do you decorate for Thanksgiving or go right to Christmas? Have you found any new uses for old things when decorating this holiday season?


7 comments:

Andria Sommers said...

cute ideas. I like all those thanksgiving decor ideas. I love decorating for all the Holidays and I don't skip over Thanksgiving. It needs just as much attention. :)

Andria Sommers said...

cute ideas. I like all those thanksgiving decor ideas. I love decorating for all the Holidays and I don't skip over Thanksgiving. It needs just as much attention. :)

Sarcie said...

wow are we sisters or what!!! I bought the exact three glass pumkins at joanns that you did!! there were lots of different kinds and sizes and we got the exact three pretty cool!! I'll send you a pic of what I did with them for halloween, I like to buy things that can be used for halloween and thanskgiving!! I love having a home to decorate, this is my first time and I LOVE IT!!!

Perry Family said...

What beautiful decor that is! I go straight to Christmas. In fact, every year, the day after halloween, we put the fall stuff away and bring out our christmas tree and put the lights on the house!

Munchkins and Music said...

I really need to get out my decorations. Yours are really cute!!

Kaerlig said...

I'm not much of a decorator. My kids were getting on my case this year about Halloween and wanting our house to look spooky. I don't think I own a single Thanksgiving decoration and I usually don't decorate for Christmas until the first or second week of December at the earliest and I take it all down on New Years Day. I do like your decorations for Thanksgiving. I ought to try to be more festive. My kids would like it.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Mr & Mrs Tom Turkey are adorable. In early October I decorate for Fall and Halloween and then the Halloween things come down and the Thanksgiving things go up. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, the Thanksgiving things come down and I do a thorough cleaning. I start decorating for Christmas then. I prefer not to do shopping on that weekend and stay home for leftover turkey sandwiches while getting into the Christmas spirit. This year in particular with Thanksgiving being so late!