
Yeah Christmas was a little bit a go, I know. It's taken me this long to recover. *wink* Oh well, y'all wanna see our festivities anyway? Ok!
Christmas Eve dinner is never complete without sparkling apple cider. I love my mom-in-law's charming festive goblets.

Tiernan especially loved his awesome retro bib borrowed from Gramea.

Do you think John and his dad liked the ham with baked sweet potatoes or the Jello pretzel salad best?

Zander and Uncle Andy couldn't resist striking "supa star" poses during our reenactment of the birth of the Savior.

Asher fell in love with this Santa hat and has since worn it all over our home saying in his deepest voice "HO HO HO! I'm Santa Claus." Shortly after Asher started doing this Tiernan started walking around behind Asher saying "HO . . .Ho . . .HO!" Who would have guessed his first words would be Ho Ho Ho?

My parents started a tradition when I was a little girl of letting us each open one present on Christmas Eve and it's always pajamas that we wear to bed that night. This is one of my favorite traditions. There is something magical about new soft fuzzy jammies that we all wear together at least one night of the year. Then in the coming new year whenever one of us wears that soft fleece or flannel the memories of that special night come rushing back for just a moment.

Christmas morning was full of gift giving goodness. John with Zander and Zander's homemade Christmas gift to him.

Sometimes I think that my fiercely independent Asher tries to not smile in pictures just because he can. But when he opened this Thomas the Train Duplo set from Yiayia and Papa Drew(my parents) he just couldn't hold the joy in. In fact . . .
I faintly remember Asher asking me to open his Duplo set right now! We were starting to clean up the paper and ribbons on the floor and I told him I would in just a minute. Well that wasn't good enough so he dragged that huge box in the playroom and nibbled a little hole in the corner like a tiny mouse. We found him like this with little bits of cardboard everywhere and his little fingers carefully removing each piece from the box one by one.
It was a lovely couple of days. I'm glad it's over. *smile* I'm already planning for this year so I won't be up so late Christmas Eve finishing stuff.

























13 comments:
That picture of your son and the nibbled open box is so great. I'm glad you guys had a safe and happy Christmas.
One of the treasures of blogging is documenting things you may not have otherwise (like nibbled open boxes).
Hey ZANDER is gigantic, I need to see him, I am missing him grow up its sad. You need to bring those cute boys of yours when you come and see meee..looks like you had a great christmas!!!
oh my goodness, it has been a year since i have seen the little kidlets!! They look great Trachelle! You are doing a great job as a mom! I love you and miss you so much!!
PS Asher's hair is ridikolous. haha. luv it.
Love, Shaniqua
I love the family photo in their pjs...so great! I'm so glad you had a great holiday! I'd love to get your jello salad recipe. I have one...just looking for another, better one!
I also think the box nibbling is hilarious! I guess I shouldn't be surprised; most boys don't have much in the means of fingernails, so I guess teeth are the next obvious option! ( : Glad to see you had such a nice Christmas!
I love my nephews!
and has John lost weight?
Yes, Becky he has! Walking around the store all night and being on such a strange sleeping schedule is apparently a fabulous weight loss program. He lost about twenty pounds in 2 months. I asked him if we could trade jobs for a few months. He didn't go for it. *wink*
what a great holiday...It comes too quick, goes so slow, and is over too soon, all at the same time.
Great pictures. Thanks for the smiles.
I love your Christmas picture down by the water, it is great. Looks like you had a nice holiday season. I really liked all your decorating ideas your posted earlier, i picked up a few decorations at all the after christmas sales that were inspired by some of your ideas.
Ya really, I will trade jobs with John for a while if he wants! Think of all the fun we could have, me and you working at Target all night and John having ALL our kids! That would be fun!
I can't wait to see CA pictures!!!
Anxiously awaiting pictures.....:)
Post a Comment