
I found these lovely bunnies for fifty cents each and with a coat of white spray paint they went from blah to mod and fantastic.
I also found this sorry-looking wreath for 2 bucks and gave it a complete overhaul.
Paper mache' eggs, some robin's egg blue craft paint, spanish moss, and some wide chocolate

brown satin ribbon was all it took too transform this sad excuse for an Easter wreath into something gorgeous and elegant. (notice the lovely 6 inches of snow we got yesterday. Ummm, yeah. We don't believe in spring up here in Alaska.)
I also grouped together some cheap plastic eggs in like colors in some glass hurricanes and old vases for an quick festive display.

Now I just have to clean up my mess. Uggg. Wish me luck!
How about you? Do you decorate for Easter?

























9 comments:
Hey Trachelle! I love the way you can find and transform things into great decor I especially like the wreath! It looks great!
You made those bunnies and that wreath beautiful. You could probably shop the thrift shops and sell the stuff you make out of it for a nice profit if you ever needed a side job. Serious. You do good work.
Right now I'm looking outside my window and I see snow falling, and I hear birds chirping. Spring is confused here.
Wow, what a transforation!!!! I love it!!! Where do you find paper machea eggs?? You are so creative!!! I have been looking for some bunnies around here and have been unsuccessfull.
I love the wreath!! How beautiful did it turn out!!! you rock!
@Sarcie
I found the eggs at Michael's mixed in with the Easter stuff.
love the wreath, & you already know how I feel about your rabbits - genius. I'm excited to try out the paper mache eggs. thanks for the great ideas.
I love that shelf with the vases of bright eggs and rabbits! I have always loved Easter, but have never been a big Easter decorator...I'm not sure why? You budget projects look amazing!!
I don't really decorate for any holidays except Christmas! Someday when I have room to store decorations, I'll begin, but right now there is not a pinch of extra room! ( ; My family did decorate for Easter, though, and my mom taught us how to make amazing things with blown-out eggshells. You can decorate the outsides of the hollow shells or you can even make a tiny scene inside the egg! So fun! I like your crafts--they turned out cute!
Way to go! Very cute. You always do a great job decorating!
Post a Comment