
Thanksgiving was wonderful. It was different than all the other Thanksgivings I have ever celebrated before. Why, you ask? Well, this year we gathered with friends and no family. Both our immediate families have all moved away or were out of town and and our good friends extended the invitation months before we knew if extended family in town was getting together.
And so we gathered at their home with a newly-moved-into-our-ward family and celebrated all the ways that we have been blessed. It was a new and strange experience for me. Strange to be there in the warmth of that friendship and feel very much at home. I was missing all those that were not there but I did not feel sad, just grateful.

So grateful for all the holidays of the past that we have been able to be together for. Grateful for our faraway families' health, strength, and happiness. Grateful that even though we could not all be together I knew that they were thinking of us and sending us their love.

Grateful for these sweet friendships that fill the voids and feel like family too. Thankful for ward families and always knowing we have a place when we need it no matter where we are in the world. This year Thanksgiving was different, but wonderful.
A few more things I am thankful for:
my suh-weet rock star of a man
things 1, 2, & 3
thai orchid curry
fuzzy wool felt and delicious dried fruit from my momma
the smell of snow
extra virgin coconut oil
my family and my man's family
the sound of zander reading books
leather bound journals
phone calls from my seesters
lavender and peppermint essential oils
palm sugar
girls' night out
my Savior
cod liver oil
music to rock out to with my boys
best friends
the book of mormon
thai orchid fresh rolls
thrift store treasure hunts
weekly date nights with my suh-weet rock star of a man
lightning mcqueen and thomas the train
raw milk
and my eyelash curler and black mascara
What are you thankful for?
my suh-weet rock star of a man
things 1, 2, & 3
thai orchid curry
fuzzy wool felt and delicious dried fruit from my momma
the smell of snow
extra virgin coconut oil
my family and my man's family
the sound of zander reading books
leather bound journals
phone calls from my seesters
lavender and peppermint essential oils
palm sugar
girls' night out
my Savior
cod liver oil
music to rock out to with my boys
best friends
the book of mormon
thai orchid fresh rolls
thrift store treasure hunts
weekly date nights with my suh-weet rock star of a man
lightning mcqueen and thomas the train
raw milk
and my eyelash curler and black mascara
What are you thankful for?

























7 comments:
It is funny because we have only ever had Thanksgiving with friends, and never with family. After 8 years of feasting with friends, I don't think I could ever spend the holiday with our families-hahahaha! Happy Thanksgiving!!
You are a lone star up there in Alaska these days.
I am thankful for-- above all and everything else-- Jesus Christ and the miracle of His life. Really feeling it this year.
Part of the greatness of the church is the belongingness we feel. I'm so grateful for my ward family too!
I am thankful for your blog I love it!!!
Wow! your photo skills make my MT house feel beautiful once more...I too am grateful for Friends that are family and all that comes with it.
lov you lady. thanksgiving was a blast.
ps. want more red jello
I heart my family!
Post a Comment