Monday, January 11, 2010

an after only

Last spring I found it. The perfect dining table at the thrift store for $45. It was the right size and shape and solid hardwood. It was dinged and scratched and pretty ugly. It was perfect! I brought it home and took before pictures. Then our hard drive crashed. I lost them plus all the pictures from the last two years. Lesson? Backup, backup, backup. So there is no before picture, sorry. Just try to imagine an ugly, beat up, rectangular table.



Then John decided to take over the project. He sanded, primed and painted with satin finish black spray paint. Thank you, love! Then I applied three coats of Minwax Wipe-On Polycrylic in satin finish(my favorite) to protect it.




The chairs are from Target and at $89 for two they were the best price I could find for that style of chair. I gave them each three coats of wipe-on poly for good protection measure. Ta-Daaaa! I love how it turned out! It makes me smile every time I look at it. I love me a good makeover! *smile*

7 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Great job!!! I love those chairs- and always want to buy the green ones whenever I'm at Target!

I just love awesome thrift store finds and projects- the table looks amazing!

Melinda said...

Very fabulous! I love your style. I need some help in that department. Thanks for posting your successes. I'm inspired.

Sarcie said...

Very mordern miss T totally your style!! I love it you did a great job, its so great when all your hard work has paid off!!!

newman907 said...

Thank You Sarcie. Zander and I put a lot of time into it.

Derick and Becky said...

Looks great!

Chantelle said...

Hooray! The whole set turned out beautifully. Awesome work!

Kristi said...

super duper talented lady friend of mine...Can you teach me to wipe on poly?? Please?? I"ll eat your homemade bread...