My momma(Yiayia) came to visit for two weeks at the end of February. It had been eighteen months, too many months, since her last visit. We are so grateful for the sunshine she brought us with her visit.
We were able to reconnect with the Smith Tribe at the annual Fur Rondy Waffle Breakfast at Uncle Brian's home while my mama was here. Sausage, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, and orange juice.
Yum!
Some spaces from around our yard while Yiayia was here. The weather was quite lovely for February.
I am trying to entice my mama to come back. Is it working? *wink* Any takers? Come on! You know you wanna live here.
John and Asher made us sourdough pancakes after church. They do that every Sunday! I am a lucky girl.
Tiernan discovered that he adores crayons and coloring books. He will sit at the table and color for very long minutes. I am surprised Yiayia got him to look up for this picture. His focus can be intense but so is love for a grandma, right?
Zander and Asher built many a train track and Duplo creation for Yiayia in the short two weeks she was here. All three boys were enthralled with the extra love and attention she showered on them.
One Saturday John had to work for part of the day in the valley and my Momma, the boys and I went to the farm to pick up the raw milk for our co-op. I love my momma's hands.
This is the big refrigerated tank that holds the raw milk. I think we filled up about 30 gallons in glass jars that trip. It was my first time driving out there to Point McKenzie by myself. Driving long distances is not my favorite thing to do. Driving in general makes me feel a bit out of control and our big Excursion on ice does not help my comfort. Thankfully the roads were clear and I found that driving myself prevented my usual car sickness(sad I know, I guess I am a bit pathetic when it comes to cars). Thanks for coming momma! I couldn't have pulled it off with out you.
The sewing machine got a lot of use while my momma was here. She helped Zander and Asher sew some little bags and that CTR banner above that Zander designed. We spent lots of time in fabric stores gathering supplies for my living room makeover. More on that later. It was so fun and very inspiring!
Yiayia took the boys to Bouncin Bears to expend some excess energy. Do you think they liked it? I think so. But mostly we loved just being with her. Talking, laughing, and soaking it all up to store in our hearts till next time.












































8 comments:
love this post...Love your mom! what a fabulous woman, what an amazing daughter...The ultimate dream team!
Looks like you had an awesome visit!!! I miss mom so much!! she is coming to visit me next monday i hope its a great visit like it was with you!!
That looks like one amazing month of February!! I wish I could be there right now to see you! You look great Trachelleeeeee! loving the bangs! Alaska doesnt look too bad either! :)
FUN FUN FUN! Are you trying to make me homesick?? It's working!
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing- it makes me miss Alaska and all the good people there that I love. Wish we lived closer.
You look gorgeous as always! I am so glad for you that your mom got to visit--it looks like you all had a wonderful time. Hugs
Thanks for posting the pics of the breakfast. It was great to see my family and relatives and my parents' house that I haven't seen in forever.
I love the one of you at the sewing machine. You look so happy and beautiful! You have such a way with words. Love you! Can't wait until Monday!!!
Post a Comment