Thursday, May 8, 2008

Scream or Cry: Desitin Disaster

It had been a long day. John had a meeting. I was on my own for the bedtime routine. So finally after the last bedtime story and drink of water I closed their bedroom door and escaped to my room for my weekly dose of American Idol. Twenty minutes later above the crooning of the American Idol hopefuls I heard suspicious noise coming from my little boys' room. I opened the bedroom door to find this...



Screaming was definitely first on my list of things to do. Instead I calmly asked Zander (through clenched teeth, bet you didn't know it was possible to remain calm while speaking through clenched teeth, eh?) why, and he didn't really have a good reason for painting Asher, Asher's bed and the rocking chair with Desitin. So I grabbed Asher and took him to the bathroom for a little late night bath(of course I took some pictures first). After a few clicks of the camera my frown turned upside-down and I couldn't help but smile at how ridiculous my toddler looked grinning at me through the Desitin mess on his face, body, and in his hair. It took three days of baths to rid Asher of the Desitin residue in his hair, but he is otherwise fine. Zander helped me clean up the mess, and then I sent him to bed with a kiss and a hug. As for me, I can safely say that a little Desitin never hurt anybody. *wink, wink*

4 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

Ahhhh! Of course it had to be Desitin! That stuff is almost as waterproof as it comes! Ashers hair should be nice and hydrated now maybe?! At least it wasn't food coloring or grape juice or something!

Katie L said...

Crazy, crazy, crazy! You gotta love rotten little boys...even if you want to destroy them-hahahaha! I hope they are angels for you while you are on your own for 6 weeks!

Andria Sommers said...

the one nice thing about having a blog is that instead of getting too upset about child mishaps, you just have another good story to tell. That is how I felt when I locked Reid and Lncoln in the car, just another good story. :)

curlyq said...

Argh! I'm sorry for the mess--you're a trooper! Boys are rather mischievous (I learned from my little brother), but you're doing a great job!