skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This dish is quick and delicious, great for a busy week-night meal. The sauce is that perfect blend of sticky and sweet that you find at your local take-out place. You could use boneless skinless chicken breasts and experiment with other veggies. Personally I like the flavor that the thighs add. Ingredients
1/4 cup soy sauce 1 cup water 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 3 tablespoons minced garlic 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar 2 tablespoon honey 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/4 cup cold water4-5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced thinlyJohnny's Seasoning Salt1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Directions
- Mix soy sauce, 1 cup of water, ginger, 1 tablespoon of garlic, brown sugar, and honey in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- Mix together cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl.
- Add to sauce in pan. Heat until sauce thickens to desired consistency. The longer it simmers the thicker it will be. Set sauce aside.
- In a frying pan brown sliced chicken with remaining garlic and seasoning salt. Add bell pepper and saute till crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and mix in the hot Teriyaki sauce. Serve over hot sticky rice.
4 comments:
that looks really yummy. I think I will need to try that out.
I love the picture of the food and all, and the hair care tips really should help somebody. But I would really like to read stories about the boys and you.
not to say the other posts arent really helpful.
hmmm...I wonder who "anonymous" is...Could that be John?! I think he is missing his family.
This dish does look yummy by the way! Thanks Trachelle!
That looks great! You show some of the best looking recipes...then again, I'm always hungery when I look at your blog-hahahaha!!
Post a Comment