
I've mentioned in my About Me page that I got my hairstyling start by helping friends with hair and make-up before school and church dances and this last weekend I was invited to a Girls Night Birthday party that had me feeling all nostalgic about those fun times. It was one of those murder-at-the-party parties and the theme was, yup, The Miss America Pageant.

We were each given a state and a brief sketch of our character then given the task to morph into them in manner and dress for the party. I was Miss Anna Alabama, the aspiring actress who was not above paying off the judges or any one else that could get me the crown. Scandalous! I know, eh?

My friends Kristi, Amy, and I made a trip to Kay Schaugaard's Amazing 3-Car Garage of Costumes to outfit ourselves for the big night. We came home with some gorgeous vintage dresses circa 1988 and tons of fun accessories. We spent the two hours prior to the party back-combing and curling our hair into pageant-worthy oblivion and painting on eyeshadow and eyeliner that would make Cher proud.

The party was a swirling whirlwind of good food, HOT women in their pageant-best, blackmail, bribery, and murder by poison breath mints. We sang to the birthday girls and tried to keep our "money" in our purses and out of Judge Julie's(Kay Schaugaard's) cleavage.

We weren't very successful because she won the prize for having the most dough. (which she was collecting for her crippled children's fund, of course)

I had never been to one of those murder-at-the-party parties before but I think it's safe to say that we all had a rip-roaring, back-stabbing, blackmailing, murdering fun time. Thanks so much to Shawna and Nichole for planning it and Lindsay for hosting it! (and anyone else I didn't know was helping)

























14 comments:
Oh my goodness Trachelle!!! That looks like so much fun! Those pictures are awesome! So did you meet Allison Anderson from my ward? Isn't she so nice? That is my Dad's High School/College best buddies daughter. I miss you. I am so sorry I didn't geet down there to say bye! Give Zander a big hug and kiss and tell him Good Luck with kindergarten. Give Asher a big hug and kiss and tell him to enjoy Joy School. Give Tiernan a big hug and kiss and rub his baby soft skin that I miss. And give John a big pat on the ol' back.
I LOVE IT! I talked to John after you had left and he told me a little about the party. I am glad you posted pictures! Looks like you had a great time!! Did you have to talk with a southern accent too???
Love, love, love the pictures! We are so hot! You are awesome. It's been super fun getting to know you. Can't wait till Joy School starts. And I really do need a lesson on bread making...or at least a list of the nummy drug-like addicting ingredients and where to buy them. ;-)
That looks like so much fun! You look good all dressed up like that. I want to know like Becky, if you talked with a southern drawl!
Hey, when does Zanman start kindergarten? How exciting...
You have to link this to my blog!! you did such a great job at describing the night in all it's glory. Thanks so much for the great time!! I would have never won Drama Queen without you.
ps. e-mail this to Shawna and she will love you forever..
Trachelle, that looks like a great party!
@Becky and Amy
I made a very short-lived attempt to use a southern drawl then gave up. Kristi was Miss Louisiana and she stayed in character the whole time, drawl and all. Impressive, I know!
@Porter Family
Thanks, lady! Yes, we need to make bread ASAP. Hey do you have Kay's email address? I wanted to send her the post too.
@Squirt
Yes, I met Allison. She's super sweet. How's Utah? We miss you and I gave all the boys kisses and hugs for you!
@Andria
It was a supercalifragilistic good time!
What a fun party! Amy told me a little about it and mentioned the dresses, but I didn't imagine you would look that good! How fun! I am so jealous I missed it! If only I stayed a couple more weeks!
@the tew clan
We missed you there too!
Hey Trachelle, I keep forgetting to tell you that I have your soap and I need your address to mail it to you, or I can have my mom bring it back with her. Just let me know which one you want! It smells yummy! I can't wait for you to try it. Let me know what you think when you do.
Oh my goodness! That has got to have been the best party ever! I love throwing parties, but none are that cool! I love your fine dresses-hahaha! I am actually so jealous right now, it's not even funny-hahaha!
@Katie L
You should throw one of these parties Katie. I linked to the Pageant party in the post. Check it out, gather your girlfriends and party! :-)
Post a Comment