Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful Cookies



The Monday night before Thanksgiving we started a new tradition. I started thinking about how we might be able to practice gratitude as a family and when I saw these cookies at Billy and Green it came to me. . . Thankful Cookies.




I baked the sugar cookies that afternoon then after dinner we sat down together to decorate. I forgot to do the cute feet and beaks and the little boys had their own ideas about turkey anatomy but they kinda look like turkeys right? Well, either way, they were unique and tasty.

Then we bundled up and headed out to deliver our plates of Thankful Cookies to our friends and family that we were grateful for. I think next year I'll need to do a double batch because we ran out of cookies way before we ran out of people we were grateful for.



Wanna know the best part about it? This wonderful guy broke out the broom and swept up the cookie crumbs and escaped sprinkles while I was plating the cookies. I think my heart almost burst from gratitude cause I was dreading the mess this little activity would leave behind. Thanks John! You are the best!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey Trachelle! Your turkey cookies turned out SO cute! And I absolutely love the idea of plating them and giving them to people you're thankful for. I am so going to remember that for next next year. :) Thanks for saying hi!

Kathryn said...

I really like the idea of bringing cookies to people you are thankful for. They look really yummy!

Kaerlig said...

I wish I was your neighbor.

I love how you take every opportunity to teach your children.

Derick and Becky said...

Oh John, WAY TO GO!! Trachelle, I don't even recognize your place! You guys have done so much to it and it looks great! I especially love the desitin centerpiece!

Kristi said...

I am so thankful you are so thankful. Our bellies are thankful, our kids are especially thankful, we are just filled up with thankful..
Thank you.

Amy said...

I like that idea with the cookies! I may do that with my kids next year. I'm impressed John got involved and cleaned it all up! I was just wondering if Dave would think of that, somehow I don't think he would! ;)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarcie said...

I have been a bit behind on your blog...but now i get to read 3 of them!!! What a great idea Trachelle, and way to go John..I know that makes all the difference!! I love your place tooo... You have done a great job, and I want to see more... please email more pics of your house.

Porter Family said...

I'm so thankful you are thankful. I'm pretty sure I ate most of those thankfulnesses. Thanks!