Sorry about the technical difficulties guys. Apparently I accidentally disabled the comments for this post. Thanks Becky for letting me know! It's fixed now. *smile* Also if you are reading this in a reader you might want to click over to the blog to check out the changes/updates I'm making to the header and sidebar. More changes to come . . .
Guess what! Zander turned six! Can y'all believe it? I'm a little shocked. I can't believe he had the nerve to grow up without asking me! It's just not right. Not. Right.

Look at that face! He's losing some of his baby chubby softness and becoming a lean wiry boy. By the way, that particular smile? That smile says,"Hi! I'm six and I am so proud of this gorgeous cake I decorated all by myself. I even rearranged the candle placement more to my liking when my momma turned her back. *smile, wink*"
The famous rainbow cake I mentioned to Zander that I wanted to make for his birthday which he then told everyone he talked to for the 2 weeks leading up to his birthday about in very excited detail. I was a little stressed to say the least, such expectations for something I had never tried before! It ended up being half the intended size with half the intended colors but very tasty. Next time we'll get it right and I won't try to make it with 6 extra children running around my house(my turn to host our babysitting co-op that day which my lovely friend Amy offered to trade me for but I refused thinking I could do it all.*rolling eyes*).
Zander got lots of telephone calls, cards, and gifts from all his doting Aunties, Uncles, and Grandparents. Thank-you much loved and mostly faraway family!

We started out the present opening with all kinds of wailing and weeping from the two younger brothers who thought for sure it was their job to open all the presents for Zander. In the end Zander's soft kind heart felt for those little guys and he let them "help."
I bought the tutorial for this coloring wrap from JCasa and made it for Zander with some left over super cape material and some colorful fat quarters.
I love you Zander! Happy Birthday big boy!

























6 comments:
Fantastic job! Happy birthday to Zander...wow, 6 years old already? I'm amazed. Trachelly, cute presents...I like. ( ; Some of my favorite clothes/toys when i was little were ones my mom made for me, too! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love the littlest boys' expressions in the vid, esp. Tiernan...hahaha! ( ; Love u all
I miss my nephews, have I told you that before?! We are trying to get a trip planned for this summer to come up there!! What are you guys doing this summer?
Nice Trachelle! You are an awesome mother!! That cake was pretty amazing though. haha. Happy Birthday Zander MAN!! I love you lots!! And miss you! :)
@Becky
I miss you guys too! When are you coming to AK? The boys and I have plans to go to Utah for a couple of months if John goes to Virginia. When? Not sure yet.
How would you like to have three extra boys running up and down your stairs for 2-3 months this summer? Just kidding. . . we'll stay with my parents and just have sleepover parties at your house. *wink*
Well guess what Trachelle i am working on my first post and i came to stop by yours to see how you place things and i was pleasently surprised by another great post, I love your cake you made and your cute crayon thing. i tried to see your video but it doesn't work. I love you and miss you and john and your three handfuls of joy!!
oh yeah i forgot to tell i love your new layout very hot!!! love the colors!!! i needed some inspiration to get mine going
Post a Comment